Welcome Texas Providers
Our Texas True Choice network is your partner in delivering care to individuals participating in Medicaid and related health plans in Texas.
Reminder: All Texas Medicaid Providers Enrolled Before January 1, 2013 Must Re-enroll By September 25, 2016
Providers must re-enroll with Texas Medicaid & Healthcare Partnership (TMHP) to maintain credentialing status with their Medicaid MCOs. Providers are encouraged to begin this process immediately to allow sufficient time for application processing. Please contact TMHP provider enrollment representatives for guidance on the re-enrollment process.
More information is available on the TMHP website.
Programs Supported by the Texas True Choice Network
- CHIP Perinatal Care: designed to provide prenatal and delivery services to unborn children of low-income pregnant women who do not qualify for Medicaid.
- CHIP (including CHIP RSA): health care coverage for children in families who earn too much money to qualify for Medicaid, but who can’t afford to buy private insurance.
- STAR (Managed Medicaid): health care coverage for low-income individuals and families.
- STAR Kids (Managed Medicaid): health care coverage for youth and children who get disability-related Medicaid.
- STAR+PLUS (Managed Medicaid): health care program for people who have disabilities or are age 65 or older.
Our Health Plan Partners in Texas
|Program||Service Area||Our Health Plan Partners|
|STAR||Rural Service Area||Amerigroup|
|STAR+PLUS||Central and Northeast MRSA||United Healthcare|
|STAR Kids||Central and Northeast MRSA||United Healthcare|
|STAR Kids||West MRSA||Amerigroup|
|CHIP and CHIP Perinatal||Rural Service Area||Molina|
National Provider Identifier (NPI)
TMHP requires that all Medicaid providers annually register their NPI data for each of their current Texas Provider Identifiers (TPI) to TMHP. TMHP will deny or reject claims submitted without this information.
- To report your NPI number, contact TMHP online at http://www.tmhp.com or call 1-800-925-9126.
- To apply for an NPI number, contact the National Plan and Provider Enumeration System (NPPES) online at https://nppes.cms.hhs.gov or call 1-800-465-3203.
Provider Newsletter and Email Updates
To receive information, including our MultiPlan "Partnership" provider newsletter, invitations to education meetings, and other helpful updates via e-mail, send your name and e-mail address, along with your practice name, address, phone number and TIN or NPI number to email@example.com.
Are you a patient? Please refer to your patient ID card for directions on where to find program information and to find a directory of healthcare providers that participate in your state’s healthcare program.